Advantages of ssaw steel pipe:
(1) The use of steel strips of the same width enables the production of steel pipes of different diameters, in particular the production of large-diameter steel pipes with narrow strip steel.
(2) Under the same pressure conditions, the spiral welds are subjected to a smaller stress than the straight seams, which is 75% to 90% of the straight seam welded pipes, and can therefore withstand greater pressures. Compared with the straight welded pipe with the same outer diameter, under the same pressure, the wall thickness can be reduced by 10% to 25%.
(3) Accurate size, general diameter tolerance is not more than 0.12%, deflection is less than 1/2000, ellipticity is less than 1%, and sizing and straightening processes are generally omitted.
(4) It can be continuously produced. In theory, it can produce infinitely long steel pipes, and the loss of cutting and cutting tails is small, which can increase the metal utilization rate by 6% to 8%.
(5) Compared with the straight seam welded pipe, its operation is flexible and the adjustment of the replacement type is convenient.
(6) The equipment is light and the initial investment is small. It can be made into a trailer-type flow unit and the welded pipe can be produced directly at the construction site where the pipeline is laid.
(7) It is easy to realize mechanization and automation.
The disadvantage of ssaw steel pipe: due to the use of rolled steel as raw material, there is a certain crescent of the crescent, and the welding point is in the edge zone of the elastic strip, so it is difficult to align the welding torch and affect the welding quality. To this end, complex weld seam tracking and quality inspection equipment must be set up.